Thursday, June 20, 2013

Cloud Gazing

I decided to take the day off from popping in on the blog world yesterday. Life has been much busier than normal this week so it's left me little downtime to write. And I don't like blogging just to blog.

On Monday I got an email about being mindful and being aware of the present moment. The email ended with a question "How would you feel if you looked at the clouds everyday for five minutes?"

I thought wow, what a powerful, but such a simple idea. So this week I spent time doing nothing but cloud gazing.
 Let me tell you it will relax you. In one word- I felt calmer.
Life is all about appreciating the small things, but we all need reminders to continue to do so.

Some of my other favorite highlights from this week include:

A fabulous salad beast loaded with grilled chicken, tomatoes, olives, cucumbers, and crumbled feta cheese. The boyfriend and I were big fans of Pomodorino (for my LI friends) and can't wait to go back for Italian one of these days. And they had gluten free options which made me super happy!
The absolute gorgeous weather (no humidity or rain!!) the past couple days has led to many park trips.
With food of course. Mom and I grabbed Panera for a late lunch yesterday while soaking up some sun.
 Feeling five years old at the nail salon while choosing colors that match cotton candy is always fun.
A late birthday present from Sephora, which resulted in trying and buying some new makeup. Can't wait to share it with you guys! I love hearing what products other girls love.
 Eating SO many fresh peaches this week. I wish they tasted this good all year!

What's one highlight from your week?

Do you ever look at the clouds?

3 comments:

  1. First off that salad looks AMAZING!!! Second, I am definitely going to try looking at the clouds more! I can see how it can be really relaxing. I love those nail polish colors, Essie makes it so difficult to chose. Yesterday I went with "bottle service." I thought it was 21st appropriate ;) The highlight of my week was definitely turning 21!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you when it comes to the nail salon- my inner kid always shines! I love getting the cute, yet funky colors. Love your cotton candy idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have such a hard time picking out nail color, then I almost always go with the same color. The highlight of my week this week was Tyler returning from a week long trip and lots of good crossfit workouts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!