Monday, June 24, 2013

First Timer

And we're back to another Monday already...don't the weekends just seem to fly by. Even though it was a pretty quiet one, it was still marvelous nonetheless.

Saturday morning I instagrammed this photo while food shopping. After seeing seriously so many great recipes of spaghetti squash, I finally got my hands on one! To be totally honest it kind of intimidates me because I have absolutely no idea how to cook it. If you have any great squash recipes, please send them my way <3


No workout for me on sat. since my legs ended up super sore. Wowza, after two weeks off, I was feeling that burn!

In between running some errands, I took a break to heat up some leftovers for lunch. A stir-fry with tons of greens since I've been slacking on my veggies lately. Lots of broccoli, snap peas, cauliflower, brown rice, chicken, and an egg left me satisfied.
The rest of the night was spent celebrating the boyfriend's mom's birthday. While the rest of the family ate cake, I rolled with a twister from Ralph's my favorite place ;)
Snickers fudge ice in between layers of soft serve vanilla
On Sunday morning I finally got my butt moving for a workout. Nothing crazy, but a 45 minute walk around the park. Some days I feel like running, others I don't. Got to do what works for you. I actually ended up walking longer than I planned. I went a new way and got distracted by a farmer's market hehe. Didn't end up buying anything though, maybe next weekend.
Then it was food prep time. Since I'm no longer on my extremely regimated food plan, I can actually have actual recipes. Yay! I'll explain in another post. I tried a new pork chop recipe with an apple glaze. Looks good right?
...well don't let the picture fool you. It ended up being disgusting! The recipe called for way too much vinegar. It left me experimenting on a mango glaze, will post the recipe if it's good.

Dinner ended up being gluten free pizza while we were visiting family.
 We all shared some salad too. Mmm it was delicious.
Yesterday ended with another gorgeous sunset! Anyone see the huge moon the past 2 days?! Troy and I had planned on going to the beach to see it very clear, but our plans fell through. Even in our backyards though, it was ginormous!

***Questions- Are you a fan of squash? I don't think I've actually ever tried it so we shall see!

Are you a cake or ice cream person? I'm a both person haha :)

13 comments:

  1. I looove squash, especially spaghetti squash! :) I also love both ice cream and cake but if I had to choose one, it'd probably be cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to try it. I've been hearing good things about it from everyone.

      Delete
  2. I dont think I've had squash...I am quite the picky eater. Definitely an ice cream person!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me time too! I love adding all the toppings.

      Delete
  3. We love all varieties of squash. Right now I'm obsessed with cappuccino ice cream from a local shop and would choose it over cake any day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you like the squash! here's one of my favorite recipes: http://eatmovebalance.com/sun-dried-tomato-goat-cheese-and-spaghetti-squash-bake-must-try/

    I'm more of an ice cream girl rather than cake. Unless the cake has fantastic frosting. Then I'm a frosting girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for sharing your great recipe! You had me at spinach & cheese, def will try!

      Delete
  5. I love spaghetti squash! I think my favorite way to eat it is like you would spaghetti pasta with tomato or pesto sauce and turkey meatballs. I hope you enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am hoping it is as good as regular pasta because I love my pasta.

      Delete
  6. For those busy days:
    Cut a few holes in the squash and cook it in the crockpot on low for a couple of hours. When you get home, remove the squash from the crockpot and let cool. Then, cut in half and remove seeds. Yum!

    http://www.food.com/recipe/how-to-cook-spaghetti-squash-77554

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and it does taste like a mega-yummy summer squash! It's my favorite squash (but it does taste like squash, not pasta.)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the recipe! The crockpot is such a great time saver.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!