Sunday, June 2, 2013

Little Things

Hi hi!! How was everyone's weekend?!

Honestly, I wasn't sure what I was going to write about since it is Marvelous Monday and this weekend has been a tough one. I'm still in PA for the services today and have been spending lots of time with family.

As always there is no sense focusing on the negative. Life is all about finding happiness if you search for it. Let's talk about some positive and happy things shall we?

1) Feeding, errr more spoiling Wishbone with an ice cream treat before we left her for the drive to PA. By the way, that ice cream scoop is nowhere near as large as it appears in this picture. Although she would have wished it was haha!


 2) Being able to see these incredible views from my uncle's house.
 Talk about gorgeous sunsets.
3) My health. I appreciate that I;m healthy enough to workout when I can. I was able to get a quick run in this morning at the hotel gym. It feel good just to move after a 5 hour car ride the other day.
4) Making a quick run to Wendy's (pretty much the only store nearby for miles) for an ice cream treat. A mixed chocolate and vanilla frosty hit the spot!
5) Being upgraded to a suite at the hotel since the employee booked us for July instead of June hah. And it had a king bed. No other explanation needed. So comfy.
6) Then finding my favorite Bath and Body works scent in the bathroom! Sweet :)
7) Trying new makeup out never fails to put a smile on my face. I'm obsessed. When I was younger, I don't remember there being 94,374,854,958 mascaras...
8) Going through old photo albums (who even makes these nowadays??) and finding this one of Troy and I from my 16th birthday. We were such babies!
Well, would you look at that, now I'm starting this day off on a positive note! I truly believe in the power of positive thinking. Life is all about appreciating the simple things. I need a reminder of this time to time since it is easy to get caught up in negativity.

**Question- What are you grateful for today? I am grateful for my family because it really is all that matters in life

6 comments:

  1. The fact that you were able to turn such a horrible time in your life into happiness is beautiful AShley <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so inspiring. I love that you are doing your best to keep a positive attitude and find the silver lining. That will make all the difference in the world--for you and all those around you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and your family girl <3

    You are such a positive and beautiful person, never change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I am sad about something I always try and tell myself someone has it much worse. There is so much to be thankful for. Everything happens for a reason! Props to you for remaining so positive during a difficult time. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been in my thoughts this weekend, I'm so sorry for your loss. You are strong and doing a great job thinking of things to be thankful of at this hard time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!