Wednesday, June 5, 2013

WIAW- Ice Cream For Dinner

Can anyone else believe it is June 5th already?! Only one more day until my birthday, but who's counting? Oh right just me :)

I don't have a typical What I Ate Wed post for ya all since my meals have been all over the place lately. But I guess that's a good thing since this month's theme is all about snacking. That's just what I've been doing!

Lots of mini meals have been happening this week, which is perfect since I love all types of food.

Don't laugh but I'm a huge fan of bologna! Haven't had it in years and it looked so good the other night.
I was beyond excited to find gluten free food at the house! One of the neighbors is from Venezuela and she made these biscuits that are gluten free. It's basically like an english muffin sandwich stuffed with cheese. Oh my goodness, I had about three, but could have easily had more. Apparently, the crust is made with cornmeal.
The hotel's breakfast had some tasty mini egg omelets. I'm usually not a big fan of omelets, but with lots of cheese inside I sure am.
Since I've been severely slacking in the vegetable department this week, I figured I should at least have something healthy for lunch. This salad was loaded with grilled chicken, cucumbers, tomatoes, bacon bits, and carrots. Paired with oil and vinegar, yummmy and healthy.
The hotel lobby has peanut butter packets, which I've been snacking on non stop. So great for traveling!
Our last night in PA the whole family went out for ice cream at my uncle's favorite spot. It's one of those old fashioned ice cream shops in the middle of nowhere.
His favorite combo was milky way flavored ice cream in a pretzel cone. It was dubbed "The Eric" :)
I couldn't have that one since I couldn't have the cone. So I chose chocolate peanut butter with hot fudge for my dinner. Let's just say two scoops in PA really means about four scoops haha! So much ice cream.
You can see my meals and snacks were far from my usual meal plans, but whatever. Sometimes you just got to indulge and not worry about it. When else can you have ice cream for dinner?

*Question- What's your favorite ice cream combo? Anything peanut butter or loaded with candy is my favorite

11 comments:

  1. I could easily have ice cream for dinner! :) I'm a big fan of cookie dough, though pistachio gelato is another winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh gelato is so good.

      Delete
    2. Yes pistachio Gelato is my ABSOLUTE favourite :)
      nom nom nom.

      Delete
    3. Took the words right out of my mouth Tiff, OMG pistachio gelato will always have a softspot in my heart but cookie dough everything has been on my mind ever since that flavour of questbar came out. Cookie dough gelato...does that exist? I hope so!

      Delete
  2. Molasses in PB?? Hmm..that is a new one to me!! I have never heard of PB being made with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seemed to make it extra creamy and thick.

      Delete
  3. Peanut buttery ice cream is by far the best! Cookie dough i a close second!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I add my own peanut butter to it!

      Delete
  4. The froyo I had for dinner on Friday was peanut butter! One of my favorite flavors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That ice cream looks divine! When I was in Barcelona, I would get coconut and dark chocolate pretty much every day. Now, it fluctuates but I love mint chocolate chip

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!