Friday, June 7, 2013

Desserts On My Mind

Thank you all so much for all of your sweet birthday wishes! You all sure know how to make me feel extra special :)

You already saw on Instagram how I started my morning off.

After that my mom and I actually went to our medium. We were extremely lucky she was able to fit us in so last minute. It was really comforting to get validation about my uncle.

For lunch, we ended up trying out gluten free cupcakes from a new bakery near my house. The red velvet was my favorite, so so good.


I left feeling very full for my massage. Oh man did it feel great. I ended up getting a facial too. I've never had one before and really wanted to try it. I made sure to tell her I have super sensitive skin. Even heavy fragrance hair products like Herbel Essence cause my skin to break out in a rash. So I was glad I didn't have any bad reactions to any products. My skin felt so soft after it. So far today my skin appears much more even.
When the spa treatment was over I came home to find lots of balloons waiting for me!
 I just love balloons! They're fun :)
Then it was off to dinner...We decided on sushi. I wanted something tasty, but that didn't leave me feeling super full. I had dessert on my mind already haha.
 I ordered a plain salmon roll and salmon & avocado roll.
I shared some of my mom's sushi too. Hers was tuna, salmon, and avocado roll. Which by the way ended up being a delicious combo. I definitely will be ordering that from now on!
The boyfriend is a huge anti-sushi person. (I know! I've been trying to convert him) He doesn't know what he's missing. He chose some type of beef ramen noodle soup. The bowl was bigger than his head hah.
Next up was cake time! I had a huge slice of this devils food cake along with lots of chocolate chip cookies. Perfection.
I have to say one of my favorite presents from yesterday included lots of gum haha! It really is the little things in life that make me happy. Troy got me lots of new flavors to try!
Such a great time yesterday. I was so glad I was able to celebrate my birthday and share my cake with my family.

I'm about to jump in the shower then drop Wishbone off for a bath. Ever since she came home from the kennel she stinks!

Happy Friday everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great birthday. All the sweets look sooo tasty! I love that gum gift. Anytime I see a new flavor I always have to buy and try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous birthday celebration! You can never have too much sugar on your birthday, right?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those desserts look awesome! Glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a great birthday!! And those cupcakes..YUM!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!