Wednesday, June 26, 2013

WIAW- Dessert Is Back


Thanks to Jenn for hosting the What I Ate Wed weekly party. Now let's get to the good stuff! And there was a bunch of good stuff yesterday since I am no longer on my competition diet. It feels nice to eat real meals again.

Breakfast started off with overnight peanut butter oats. No surprise there ;)
 Alongside some hardboiled eggs for more protein.
Usually I have a protein shake in between breakfast and lunch, but surprisingly yesterday I wasn't feelin' it. Most often I am starved between those hours, but not hungry at all yesterday.

So for lunch I ended up making cottage cheese pancakes. I couldn't decide on exactly what I wanted so this got pulled together quick.
These babies got drenched and smothered in microwaved blueberry sauce. All blueberries were on sale this week so I bought two pints. I've been trying to eat them up before they all go bad.
Then I headed to the gym for an afternoon workout. It was hamstring day so lots of hamstring curls were done! Before my workout I needed a snack to hold me over until dinnertime. Some peanut butter on rice cakes is one of my favorite snacks.
Since my original plan for dinner was apple glazed pork chops and that turned into a disaster. I cut up a mango, drizzled some honey, and cooked it in a pan for about five minutes.
The mango glaze actually turned out pretty well. Along with the pork chops, a simple salad to go along with it tasted great.
But dessert was the best part of my entire day! Greek yogurt topped with blueberries, oh my goodness. I've missed my yogurt. It's so delicious! I'm so glad no more meat at night. It was hard doing that for the past six months.

**What's your favorite pancake topping? Strawberries or blueberries are my favorite....chocolate chips are a close second though.

8 comments:

  1. What happened to the competition diet?! Did I miss something? Not competing anymore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I decided not to. When my uncle suddenly passed away last month, we had to travel out of state for a week. So our hotel didn't even have a fridge. It happened to be the exact time I had to start dieting. So there was no way I was able to cook meals. And I didn't want to start off already behind. There's always more competitions!

      Delete
  2. My favorite pancake topping is definitely either chocolate chips, PB, or pumpkin butter! Or maybe all of them combined?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried pumpkin butter. Sounds good tho!

      Delete
  3. I really need to try those pancakes! It has just been too hot lately so I haven't been in a "pancake mood." I like the idea of the "syrup" because it is all natural sugar. However, I am a big fan of chocolate chips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I hardly ever cook real meals in the summer, way too hot.

      Delete
  4. I love rice cakes with PB. Always a good choice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!