Thursday, May 23, 2013

Cooper's Death Stare + Pancake Recipe

Last night was pretty amazing at the gym. I hit a new PR with weight walking lunges. I can do them with half of my body weight. Absolutely insane!!! Last summer I could barely do a lunge with a 5lb dumbbell.

I guess hard work and effort pays off huh?

Yesterday was a day that called for breakfast for dinner. So protein pancakes it was. Okay, so I cheated and used cottage cheese. I know I'm not supposed to have any form of dairy, but a little bit at one meal is not going to kill me. My real competition diet starts in June so it was my last pancakes for awhile.

Anyway, they were oh my god good. I combined:
  • 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese (mine had pineapple in it which I didn't realize til the end)
  • 1/2 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 egg whites
The batter will be lumpy unless you use a food processor. But I got a arm workout mixing it old school ;)
The batter makes about 4 pancakes. I cooked them for about 5 minutes on each side.
Bonus points if you can get yours to come out in a perfect circle! Mine never do haha.

For a healthy topping instead of syrup, which I'm not a fan of because its so messy-fresh fruit. I took about a handful of blueberries and melted them in the microwave for about 30 seconds. You get a delicious topping that is super healthy with only natural sugar.
Oh my goodness, I could have gone back for seconds and then thirds on these babies. There's just something about pancakes I can't resist.

In case anyone is interested on the nutritional info- for about 4 pancakes:
  • 25g of protein
  • 21g of carbs
  • 1g of fat
  • around 200 calories
Backtracking to during the day, Troy and I gave Cooper a bath. Well I should clarify (Troy I know you're probably rolling your eyes) Troy gave him a bath and I watched && laughed the whole time.
He was not a happy camper especially when his tail knocked over all the shampoo bottles and scared him.
Meet his "death stare" look haha. Poor little guy.
Tonight I am excited to be getting my hair all done (keratin straightening). It's been an afro lately haha.

*Question-
What is one thing you're proud of lately?! Brag it up!

BTW- I'm so shocked by yesterday's post that so many of you love beets! I guess I just haven't had them the right way. You guys convinced me to give them a second chance.

8 comments:

  1. Way to go with the new PR. Lunges are definitely something I need to continue working on . . . but I am getting stronger! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Congrats to getting stronger. Lunges are the worsttttt.

      Delete
  2. I recently, like today, gave up fast food.I make it internet official here, http://smilingrunningshoes.blogspot.com/2013/05/hi-im-b-and-i-have-fast-food-problem.html I'm working on going from flabby to fabulous, which I thought I could do by simply doing couch to 5k..... wrong. Today starts me down the path of cleaner or at least healthier eating. I am going to try this pancake recipe. It sounds fantastic. Congrats on your progress it's inspiring.

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I'm sure you will feel so much better eating healthy. Plus it will save you money ;)
      && Thanks so much <3333

      Delete
  3. I am definitely trying those pancakes! I agree, it is so hard to stop eating pancakes. One thing I am going to "brag" about is the plyo jumps I do at my class Thursday mornings at the gym! The instructor calls me out during the class and says she knows only 2 females and a few male trainers who can jump like that,which feels really cool!
    Can't wait to see your hair, make sure to post pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you like them. Congrats on your plyo jumps!! Getting a shoutout from an instructor is always fun! :)

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of using cottage cheese in pancakes! I definitely need to try that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!