Now let's focus on my what's been on my dinner menu every night. Chili has been a staple this week since I'm not a big soup person. Warm, comforting food is the best recipe for feeling better. The Chicken Lime Chili is adapted from here.
Chicken Lime Chili
- 1 package of cut up chicken breast
- 1 large sweet potato diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can of white beans
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lime
2. Put olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the sweet potato and spices. Stir together. Then add in the beans and chicken broth. Cover the pot and bring to a light simmer.
3. Add in the cut up pieces of chicken and stir.
4. Squeeze in juice of a lime and stir,
5. Eat up!
The lime really makes this chili unique. I loved it so much that I was putting lime on everything this week! Lime grilled chicken or lime in my water, I was going lime crazy. This chili is also good for people that do not like spicy red hot chili. It is much milder.
This will be making an appearence in the car today. Already proportioned in individual bags, perfect for boring car rides. Pretzels I have missed you. Glad you are back in my life again.
Let's hope I get to catch my Big Bang Theory and Person of Interest tonight! Thursday night is just not the same without it. <----Favorite tv night if you couldn't tell.
Have a great Thursday!
Do you like spicy food that makes your face turn red after eating?
Do you overpack for trips or are a one bag type person?