Luckily for me, it is gorgeous in Lake Placid, FREEEEEZING, but gorgeous nonetheless. This was a perfect weekend to come up due to the huge snow storm hitting the East Coast. Some ideas on the agenda for today include skiing, snow tubing at night, dog sledding, and of course some shopping!
Before we get to what is making me happy this week, I want to talk to you guys about something that bothered me yesterday while reading Cosmo. Feel free to skip over it if you don't want to hear me rant about gluten free issues.
I came across this article.
Look Miley, I know you're super cool and famous, but really going gluten free just to lose weight or because you have a gluten allergy? There is no such thing as a gluten allergy. I would never choose to go gluten free if I didn't have to. Gluten can be a huge hassle when traveling, out to dinner, family parties, etc.... I'm disappointed that Cosmo labels her gf snacks as coffee, diet soda, and nuts. That makes people have a bad conception of gluten free. Of course, I have days where I wish I could have a nice panini from Panera, but I don't feel deprived everyday. I certainly don't live off of diet soda and nuts. The magazine makes people that are gluten free look like they live off of no food, which is not true at all. Kim Kardashian, Channing Tatum, Victoria Beckham are among other celebrities following "this trendy diet". You can read more here. Ok I'm done ranting! I feel better now.
Now let's discuss my Friday Favorites
1) I may have been snacking on some of these on the long car ride yesterday. Homemade muffins with only 155 calories?!? Yes, they do exist! I will be posting the recipe soon and they most def. do not taste like 155 calories. Sweet deal.
2) During the week I was living in my pink sweatshirt. I picked it up for only $20 (during the VS sale after x-mas). The comfiest sweatshirt alive award goes to this one. Feels like a blanket.
3) Fake flowers that look real make me happy.
4) Sunday's coupons make me happy when I save money. Woot!
I'm such a dork with coupons, I love them haha. Please tell me I am not the only one that gets excited from coupons.
5) My daily calendar adding some joy to my day. By the way, I know it is not Jan 12., I just really liked this saying so I left it on that day. If everything is not okay, then it is not the end!
What is making you happy this week?