Last weekend ended up being no exception and I attempted a new recipe for.....Cinnamon Buns!
For the dough:
- 1/4 c butter
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- yeast packet
- 1 c warm water
- 3 1/4 c gf pizza crust mix (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- rice flour for dusting
- 1/4 c melted butter
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add 1 tbsp of the sugar to the warm water. Sprinkle the yeast packet on top of water and let sit for 5 minutes. In a separate bowl, mix butter and sugar. Add eggs and blend in.
- Add the yeast mixture to butter/egg mixture and blend together. Add in pizza crust mix and blend for two minutes.
- Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper and heavily dust it with rice flour. Spread batter over the baking sheet. It helps if you keep your hands wet so batter doesn't stick. Brush melted butter over the dough.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar and pour over the batter. Begin rolling the dough over itself like a jelly roll. Cut the roll into 1inch pieces. Place the pieces onto a 8 x 8inch greased pan. It's okay to crowd them.
- Let the rolls rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. Bake for 20-25 minutes.