Monday, March 11, 2013

Sunshine Saturday

Woohoo 3rd week in a row I am linking up with Katie for Marvelous Mondays! Anything that makes Mondays more fun is cool by me.

It was the one of those weekends where you have no set plans. This can be challenging for me because I'm not really a laid back, go with the flow type of person. I like plans, being organized, and being busy.

Friday night was spent vegging out on the couch. I did manage to whip up an awesome dinner! Some scrambled egg whites, spinach, mozzarella cheese, and tomatoes served right up.


Saturday was filled with tons of sunshine. It was the first warm day in NY that felt like spring has sprung.
The view can't get any better than that right friends? Clear blue skies all around. YES PLEASE.
The boyfriend and I took Cooper out into the fresh air with us for the day. Oh boy, he could barely contain his excitement as he walked barreled down the road.
We've been meaning to try out this new taco place in town for awhile now and Saturday was the perfect day for an impromptu stop. I'm gonna go right ahead and invent a new word: lundin. It's a late lunch and an early dinner combined. So, our "lundin" ended up being grilled chicken tacos for me and beef tacos for the boyfriend.
Yipeeee. These were delicious! For me, tacos can either be a hit or miss. This was def. a hit! After getting food poisoning 8 years ago from Taco Bell, I never ate fast food again after that. Argggghh, just thinking about Taco Bell makes me want to barf. So, I can be very skeptical to tacos.
 These tacos were a huge hit and I ate both of mine like a true champ.
The night ended with catching up on the new episode of The Americans. Anyone else watch it?! I could not even see this plot coming. To be tortured by their own people! Not expecting it at all.
I also practiced my dancing skills with my main man Cooper.
Which resulted in some strange looks from this guy, but that's nothing new.
Think positive for a great week ahead!

-Ashley

10 comments:

  1. Your pictures are adorable! Looks like you had a great weekend. That lundin looks delicious ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great weekend! The scrambled eggs look delicious! Might have to go make some right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you and your boys got to enjoy a walk in the nice weather! Those tacos look great, i love tacos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the same way with getting stressed out without a weekend itinerary...we are weird! Anyway, your weekend looks fab. Enjoy your week:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh the weather looks beautiful! It's definitly feeling like spring more and more (well it was until it started snowing and being all cold again today...gahh).
    Tacos aren't that big in the UK so I've only ever had them once and they were sort of OK but I think I need to really try them again. They were the hard and crunchy kind rather than the soft kind that it looks like you had. Which meant eating them elgantly was near impossibble!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Monday! Thanks for joining in again!

    Glad the tacos were a hit! They looked delicious!!

    Happy week girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your weekend looks great! I want those tacosssss mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those tacos look yummy! My husband and I are loving The Americans! It's one of the best shows on right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those tacos look delicious!!! The weather yesterday was absolutely gorgeous, near 60 felt just about perfect :) Have a great week!

    Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily

    ReplyDelete
  10. the weather looks beautiful! and I'd happily eat your friday night dinner or those tacos right now!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!