Wednesday, March 13, 2013

WIAW- True Life: I'm A Messy Eater

It's Wednesday again?! Can't believe how fast this week is going by! Time for another round of What I Ate Wednesday Tuesday...

Just to let y'all in on a little secret, I don't post everything I eat. I know some bloggers do this and whatever works for them is great, but the world doesn't need to know every piece of food going into my mouth. I feel like people start comparing their food intake and it just leads to bad things. I know I've looked at a blog and felt like I overate wayyyyy too much compared to someone else. In reality, everyone needs a different amount of food and to each his/her own.

Moving right along, let's take a peak into my Tuesday meals.

Breakfast started off early since Tuesday is a school day. Peanut butter overnight oats with frozen TJ's raspberries on top. TJ's has the best frozen fruits. They always taste fresh and not to mention so cheap too!
 Lunch was a salad beast. Romaine lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, and my brown rice "croutons" on top. I crumbled a turkey burger on top for some protein. Add some balsamic dressing and it was done!
Check out this HUGE carrot hiding inside my carrot bag. It was misfit one and I ate it up quickly. Maybe this is weird, but I think it's hilarious finding mis-shaped food. I'm probably the only one out there that thinks this carrot is really funny.
One thing I learned yesterday is that I am a really messy eater. Like really messy. Anytime I end up eating Italian food, I am always wearing white. No idea how this happens, but it always does.You see this huge tomato.
Well I tried to bite into it all at once and it exploded literally everywhere. My poor vase got drenched and ruined with tomato juice. My pepper shaker also got a nice covering of tomato juice. Ahhhh no more eating huge tomatoes all at once.
After school I needed a little snack before dinner. So I grabbed a chocolate chip Clif Bar. These ones aren't my favorite, but it held me over for a little while.
Eating takeout and ordering healthy can be tricky when so many restaurants offer such high calorie foods. Luckily, my family ordered in Chinese so I chose steamed chicken, green veggies, and brown rice. Chinese is always my go-to for healthy meals on the run. For some extra protein, I ordered a salmon roll. Okay that's a lie. I just really love the salmon roll lately :)
Dessert was in the form of the new Chobani bites! These are so good. My mom is a huge fan of the coffee flavor, but I am loving the caramel pineapple. YUM.

Question for the morning- What is your favorite healthy meal when you're at a restaurant or getting takeout?



23 comments:

  1. I love the chobani bites, they are such the right amount! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy most of my frozen fruit at TJs too... SO delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard so much about these new Chobani bites. I am putting them on my grocery list!! Can't wait to try them out. And... that was one juicy tomato!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not strange at all laughing about the carrot. I found a bit of broccoli in our bag of frozen broccoli florets that had a HUGE stem. Like it was a really tall mini-tree. I thought it was hilarious and called my husband to have a look. He didn't care :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trader Joe's really has the best everything! Or at least I trust it :) I haven't been able to find that Chobani bite yet! I've had the raspberry and coffee ones though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I've never tried the raspberry one yet.

      Delete
  6. My favorite healthy meal out is sushi! I'm a huge fan of sashimi, miso soup and seaweed salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always see seaweed salad and I am afraid to order it. I should just go for it next time!

      Delete
  7. You are totally not alone in thinking that carrot is funny. I do too! I am also a super messy eater. Tomatoes are just so difficult to eat sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have yet to hear about these Chobani bites. Are these just smaller Chobanis? How cute!

    HAHA! Funny carrot. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The are 100 calories with mixes of two flavors. They have good nutritional stats. I think this one was 13 carbs and 8 protein.

      Delete
  9. Aww, that poor carrot had it's growth stunted! I find it funny, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the carrot is funny too! I have been wanting to try the Chobani bites for such a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A nice Chicken Salad or steamed fish with veggies :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love chinese...always loads of veggies and a lean meat like chicken or with shrimp. Can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I'm out, I usually splurge on the protein & get extra helpings of veggies, sans starch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't quite figured out how to convince myself that I should eat healthy when when I'm out. I think I'm going to but then I see something meaty and greasy and just can't help myself. I do enjoy sushi and that's kinda healthy. I have also been able to resist the urge to eat a 12 inch assorted sub with lots of veggies and subsauce and southwest sauce from Subway. Now I get a 6inch turkey with all the veggies, a little light mayo and mustard.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!