Monday, August 19, 2013

Multitasking Is A No

The weekend did have a bit of a rough start on Friday morning. The whole morning was just off for me. Multitasking and doing 5,3329 things does not work for me.

As I was baking mini muffins in the oven, I was cooking hamburgers in a pan. They started burning and set off the loud fire alarm. While that was going off the muffins were done baking and I had to get them out fast. While taking them out I burnt my hand, then the phone was ringing. Trying to answer the phone part of my knee brace broke off.
And this all happened in a matter of five minutes. Holy moly was I just ready to go back to bed right then haha.

After going back to the doctors to pick up a new brace I decided to treat myself. A light caramel frappuccino did the trick!
For the most part I don't blog about my off days or a bad mood because I like my blog to be a positive place. Sometimes you have to keep it real though.
I believe all those things happened in an attempt for me to slow down. Multitasking leads me to feel overwhelmed yet I still do it. Do I really need to bake and cook at the same time? Do I need to play Candy Crush and watch tv at the same time? Do I need to eat lunch and read a magazine?

My answer to all of that is no. The message from Friday for me was I need to be more present in what I am actually doing.

My goal for the rest of the summer is to focus on doing one thing at a time in all areas of my life.
No more trying to do a million things at once, when they all just come out wrong.
So even though this weekend wasn't the greatest by far, I realized a very important thing for myself. No more multitasking and that is marvelous!

Questions this morning:
Do you get overwhelemed trying to multitask?
Are you always present when doing something?
Ever need a break from technology?

5 comments:

  1. What a great reminder...I tried to do this this past weekend...by "un-plugging"...it's so nice being able to focus on what is before you.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks<3 Unplugging is a struggle for me. My bf and I try not to be on our phones when we together but sometimes we end up on it.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes keepin it simple is the best. I'm also guilty of trying to do 10 things at once, when really it's better to focus on one thing and enjoy it/do it well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes totally agree. I need to enjoy the simple things in life.

      Delete
  3. OMG I am the queen of multi-tasking sometimes and I can relate to it going so wrong! Last time I spilled a smoothie all over the bench and then smashed a glass on the ground, not fun!

    Those mini muffins look great though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!