Monday, August 26, 2013

Relax, Relax, Relax

Sometimes you just need a weekend where you get nothing productive done. This weekend was that one. The theme was relaxation and it was marvelous!
Saturday started out as a gorgeous day, perfectly sunny and no humidity. The weather was still hot so I headed to the beach. It was my first time going since my the fracture in my knee. I left my brace and crutches in the car so they wouldn't get ruined with sand. I make sure to walk really slow and we sat super far back.
Mom and I stayed for a long time so I got halfway through the final book in the Seasons of Grace Series by Beverly Lewis. Once I finished book one I needed to know how the story ended. I hate leaving off on a cliff-hanger.
After having a carb overload at the beach I was craving something healthy for dinner. So Troy and I ate a quick meal at Panera. Of course I got my favorite salad.
He got his usual mac & cheese. But I really just go there for those delicious crunchy chips ;)
Sunday ended up being another gorgeous day so I knew right away I wanted to spend it outside. In the morning I sipped my coffee down at the water. It's very nice to start off the morning with a little downtime instead of worrying about a to-do list.


We could all use more relaxation in our daily lives I think...

Since I sat by the water longer than I planned, I was starved once I got home. I quickly made two eggs over easy on a wrap. It is SO nice not to just eat egg whites anymore. Lemme tell ya I was getting sick of them everyday.
For exercise I did about 30 minutes worth of my swimming routine. It feels good just to move around. Even though I can't do any other form of cardio, it feels good to at least do something.
The evening ended on a sweet note with some leftover chocolate chip cookies from my mom's birthday. I ate them while watching the VMA's. After five minutes and them showing different celebrities, I had no idea who half of them were. I felt so old haha!
Happy Monday friends! Hope you guys have a great week.

Since I neglected my to-do list over the weekend, it's time to tackle it today!

3 comments:

  1. You live near a beach? How lucky! Where do you live? Also, what is your favorite salad at Panera? I want to try one. Are the dressings gluten free?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live on Long Island so I'm lucky the beaches are close by. My fav salad is the chicken Cobb salad and the dressing it comes with is gf.

      Delete
  2. What a pretty view!! I love relaxing outside with a nice scenery in the background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!