Monday, July 29, 2013

Crazy Cheesy Chicken Parm

Hey all. I'm linking up with Katie for Marvelous Monday. Anything that will make Monday mornings better is a-okay with me. Hope you're starting your week off on a positive note!

Marvelous is going for a walk for the first time since I've sprained my knee. It's been more than a week and it is still not 100% back to normal, but slowly getting there. I did just a little over a mile. Even though we weren't going fast it felt good just to stretch my legs out. Cooper was pooped by the time we got back.
Marvelous is trying a new ice flavor at Ralph's. Chocolate peanut butter cup is delicious especially when you get scoops with lots of candy in it! By the way, isn't that the most perfect circle scoop?! The weirdest things make me laugh haha.
Marvelous is the gluten free chicken parmesan and pasta for takeout on Saturday night. We ordered from Francesca's, which I've had their pizza and it's nothing to rave home about. So I was in the mood for a real meal instead. Holy cow, was this baby loaded with cheese. Troy couldn't believe I almost finished the entire thing. I was starved and it was deeeeeeelicious. Definitely will be going back there for dinners now, no more pizzas.


At first I was going to write about how I had little bits of "snack style meals" all day so I was super hungry by dinnertime (which is true), but then I thought why do I feel the need to justify having an unhealthy dinner?

1) I don't eat this all the time
2) Who cares?!

I didn't feel guilty for eating this. Having gluten free Italian food was a treat! Sometimes I think healthy living bloggers feel the need to justify or explain unhealthy choices. Life is all about a balance which is always constantly changing for me.

Anyway, I am itching to get back to the gym. If you are losing your workout motivation take a week off. By the time you go back, you'll be more than ready and feel re-charged for your workouts. I'm going to train hamstrings today and see how it goes.

What's your favorite ice spot? Ralph's is my all time favorite, but Rita's would be my second pick. I love their lemonade flavor.

Do you ever feel the need to justify unhealthy foods?

3 comments:

  1. I agree...that pasta looks delish...and I could probably eat that whole container too...pasta is my weekness

    ReplyDelete
  2. OO good to hear the knee is doing better and that your not going back full force into exercise and taking it slowly! Chicken parm sounds so good right now (even though I just ate breakfast...). And great job on not justifying why you ate most of it. Exactly. WHO CARES. Eat one bite. Eat ten bites. Eat the whole thing and get ice cream after. Over-thinking things will just lead to a downward spiral!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't feel the need to justify my food choices on my blog but I feel a million questions coming on at work when I eat anything other than chicken, brown rice or veggies. I hate to feel like I need to hide or justify my meal choices.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!