Wednesday, July 24, 2013

WIAW- Carb Cravings

Jumping back on the What I Ate Wednesday bandwagon. So let's get a look at my Tuesday eats!

For breakfast a handful of blackberries thrown on top of my cold overnight oats. Delicious.
Some hardboiled eggs and a peanut butter oat shake before lunch.
For some reason I can't get bread out of my head lately. I could eat it everyday all day. So I made myself a huge turkey sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes, and everything flavored hummus. I've realized the key to keeping gluten free bread from falling apart is to toast it!
Dinner was a simple one, but still so good. A grilled turkey burger topped with mozzarella cheese (so glad I can have cheese again!). A red potato and some grilled asparagus on the side. If you have never tried a little parmesan cheese on top of your asparagus, DO IT. You will love it, it is oh my god amazing.
My dessert was deeeelicious. Just look at it.
Greek yogurt with frozen raspberries mixed in tasted like ice cream. This after dinner meal has been on repeat all week. Give. Me. More.

***What's been your dessert lately, anything yummy?

17 comments:

  1. Your dessert looks fab! What a great idea! I just may have to try it myself soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parmesan cheese on asparagus is delicious! Nutritional yeast is pretty good too. We usually roast ours with some olive oil and balsamic. So good! Great, now I'm craving asparagus and it's not even 7:00am! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dessert looks so good! Definitely have to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I JUST ate overnight oats for breakfast and topped mine with fresh blackberries and strawberries! They were SO good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fresh fruit + oats = the best combo ever.

      Delete
  5. I had jello light at the movie theater the other night - does that count?!?! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jello counts as dessert! I haven't had that in forever.

      Delete
  6. So tonight I tried the greek yogurt with frozen berries.. delicious! And I think putting it into a bowl makes it taste better than putting the berries into the greek yogurt container lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your dessert does look amazing! I have been having a small square of dark chocolate with sea salt most nights. Its amazing how just a small little square can satisfy my sweet tooth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think a little piece would satisfy me haha. I would want the whole bag!

      Delete
  8. So glad to see you have introduced all the goodies back from your prep days :) Especially the yogurt at night! Must be a good change from the meat! I love your oats, do you use milk at all or eat them near raw? They look barely cooked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yogurt is SO much better at night than meat. I add probably around 1/4 cup of almond milk to them with peanut butter!

      Delete
  9. Haha, my dessert lately is kind of the opposite of yours- i put my greek yogurt in the freezer when i start making dinner and then by dessert it's semi-frozen and i add fresh berries and almond slices or almond butter! So. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!