Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hummus Tuna Salad Recipe

Hey all! I hope you are all staying cool this week. This heat wave up in the North East is no joke. Now I realize I could never live somewhere that is 90+ for the entire summer. I am melting everyday haha.

Since we all know what a typical day of eats looks like for me, I figured I would post a new lunch I've been eating nonstop. It's convientent, easy to prepare, and only uses five ingredients. I am linking up with Jenn today to share my recipe for What I Ate Wednesday.


Win win if you ask me!

Hummus Tuna Salad
  • 1 can of tuna
  • lemon juice
  • 2 tablepsoons of hummus
  • handful of cherry tomatoes
  • pepper
1. Drain the can of tuna. Mix in 2 tablespoons of hummus (I used original flavor). Combine cherry tomatoes in the bowl.
2. Add a squirt of lemon juice and a sprinkle of pepper on top.
3. Eat and enjoy :)

I used to feel bad for all my coworkers when I would eat tuna for lunch in the break room. It is smelly, but has so much protein in it. Overtime they all got used to and one coworker even starting eating it too!
I loved how the hummus replaced the mayo perfectly since I am not a big fan of mayo. I am betting garlic and lemon hummus would go perfect in this mix too.
I'm off to take care of some things! See you guys tomorrow.

-Ashley

3 comments:

  1. Isn't hummus amazing? I am pretty sure that you could add it to nearly everything and it would be tasty ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of mayo either. I love this alternative. Thanks for sharing this great lunch tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is a normal day of eats for you?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!