Thursday, September 12, 2013

Berry Banana Mini Muffins

These muffins, oh my. They are deeeeeelicious my friends.

When I first saw this recipe on Fit Cupcaker, I knew I had to give it a try. I changed up a few things in the recipe, which you can see below. I had everything all set to make her bread. Then I realized I had no bread pan. Womp womp. :(

Out of that fail came these tasty mini muffins!


Berry Banana Mini Muffins
  • 1/2 cup of oats
  • 1/2 cup of flour
  • 3 scoops protein powder
  • 1 packet of stevia
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • half of a banana (mashed)
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup berries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together except berries in a large bowl. Add in the berries.
*Frozen berries worked great in this recipe. I melted them in the microwave for 30 seconds so they would become juicy. Then added them to the mixing bowl.

3. Line mini muffin tin with cupcake liners. For whatever reason my muffins seemed to stick alot to the liners so I would spray them with non-stick baking spray next time.
4. Bake for around 15 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

The last step is to try not to eat the whole tray of muffins when they come out of the oven. Trust me it is hard haha! I loved a couple of these together for a little snack or even a healthy dessert at night.
The key to this recipe is using a bag of frozen berries of all different kinds. Mine had blueberries, raspberries, cherries, and blackberries in it. So every muffin was loaded with berries! Now that is my kind of muffin. Back when I was eating gluten, I was never a fan of deli muffins that advertised as blueberry. Then you start eating and there's only 5 blueberries. Not fair!

I hope you like it!

****What is your favorite type of muffin? My favorite when I was younger was a corn muffin. Now I would never pick that flavor haha. Probably chocolate chip or blueberry.

4 comments:

  1. yyuuumm - already printed the recipe - and can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMM! I'll need to try with blueberries. I have so many bags of frozen blueberries!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!