Sunday, May 26, 2013

I Swear I'm Not A Beauty Product Junkie


We're off to another Marvelous Monday, especially since most of you are probably in bed enjoying the day off today.

It is just starting to feel like Memorial Day weekend around here. The past couple of days had pouring rain and was freezing. Forty degrees in May is just crazy!

Luckily, the sun started shining yesterday :)

Backtracking to Saturday,

I slept in a bit since I couldn't workout due to my hair straightening. I even broke out my rainboots even though I don't like them. No matter what kind of pants I pair them with, they just never look cute.
The last time I changed my earrings was about 15 years ago when I first got them pierced. So I headed over to Kohls to finally get a new pair. $8 bucks for a two pack, sweet! I don't mind if they're kids ones either, they were cute haha!
Troy and I were supposed to go out for a nice dinner for a date night, but we ended up skipping it. The weather was all blah and I had gone out to dinner the night before. So we headed over to Panera for some salads instead for a casual date night.
Sometimes it's nice to go out and catch up instead of always having date nights that involve marathon tv sessions. Troy's favorite is the mac & cheese. I never had it back when I was eating gluten. Is it really that good?! I was always a Kraft box type of girl.
Of course our date night wouldn't be complete without some Prison Break! And our "shadow" Cooper. He will sit there and stare at you until you let him sit next to you on the couch.
Moving on to Sunday, since I rarely have time to make myself eggs in the morning during the week, I knew I wanted them for breakfast. Yum! This egg sandwich hit the spot.
Next up I prepped some chicken for the week. Not too much since we are leaving Friday, but enough for easy dinners.
One of my goals this weekend was to get some cute "fancier" clothes for Mexico and just to have around. Since every store was having sales, I made out with some pretty good buys. I am a little late on this trend (like usual haha), but I love the maxi skirts! I bought about five in all different colors. They're so comfy!
While I was out I made a quick stop at Mac to pick up some things. Doesn't it seem when you run out of one product, you run out of a bunch of others at the same time?! It hurts my wallet.
Then I snacked on some jelly & peanut butter with my dinner. Not a huge fan of the apricot flavor, raspberry is much better.
Sunday night I was finally able to wash out the keratin from my hair. Oh my gosh, it felt so good to wash it after 3 days, yikes! I'm so glad I got it done though because it feels so much softer. If anyone is interested I can write a review about the whole experience.

I'm heading to the gym early this morning (I can finally workout!) since they're only open for a few hours. I know a parade is on the agenda after, then who knows! I am glad the weather is warming up though.

Have a great one!

*Let us all remember those who have sacrificed their lives for our freedom

*Question
Whats your take on maxi skirts? I'm not a big fan ox maxi dresses since I'm short then make me look droopy so I was surprised how much I loved the skirts.

Have you ever got your hair professionally straightened?

10 comments:

  1. Don't holiday deals rock?! Love all the colors and designs of your new skirts. Hopefully the week will fly by for you so you can get your little bootay to Mexico :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say...Panera's mac & cheese IS pretty darn tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I always avoid maxi dresses because I'm tall (reasonably - 5'8") and felt they made me look just like one long block of something. I guess the grass is always greener ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holiday deals are the best, but I never go out on black friday for the holiday deals, scary! Haha!

    I would not be a fan of the apricot either! I just am thinking it would be a no for me ;)

    Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love maxi dresses! I haven't found any skirts, but I am challenged with skirts haha I can never find shirts that match it lol

    I have never had my hair professionally straightened. my hair isn't that curly, so a straightener works fine for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looove MAC but it does hurt my wallet, lol. And I just bought my first maxi dress the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love maxi skirts/dresses! They are so comfortable and great for being a mom since I'm constantly bending over to pick up my son. My hair is naturally stick straight so I've never had to straighten it. I've added a little curl though in the past to try and give it volume. Never really works.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to own a few maxi skirts but don't have any now. I have 1 maxi dress but have to wear heels with it as I am quite short too. Seeing your skirts makes me want to buy one though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's up, this weekend is fastidious designed for me, for the reason that this time i am reading this enormous educational paragraph here at my house.

    my homepage Authentic Mario Lemieux Jersey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!