Wednesday, May 22, 2013

WIAW-Discovering A New Veggie

Time for What I Ate Wednesday, but really Tuesday in my case. Thanks to Jenn for all the lovely recipe ideas!

And let's jump right in!

Breakfast started off with the usual overnight oats in my hershey's bowl again. What can I say? I love oats :)
Along with a big glass of lemon water. Pretty much every morning starts this way since lemon water is so so good for you!
Lunch was a tuna salad with lots of carrots. I swear I always end up getting a weird one in my carrot bags.
Some blueberries found their way onto my plate in the afternoon. I'm a sucker for fruit, love berries.
Before dinner my mom and I headed out for a run. It was a HOT and HUMID one. Sheesh, I was a sweaty mess after those three miles.
On the way home we brought my grandparents a Starbucks. Yesterday I was feeling a passion fruit iced tea. I usually get it unsweetened and add my own stevia to it.
While my dinner was heating up I snacked on a rice cake with peanut butter. Such a classic snack, but so satisfying.
The best part of yesterday's food was clearly dinner. Lots of fresh salmon, baked potatoes, and seasoned asparagus.
I have to say I am so glad I found a new green veggie to add to the mix. You can't tell me anyone doesn't get stick of eating broccoli every night at dinner. I see myself eating lots of asparagus over the next couple months. Plus one cup has 4 protein! Pretty cool right?
Dessert was the usual- lean ground turkey. This is a recycled photo, but it's exactly the same thing I eat every night.
 *Question-
What is your least favorite vegetable? Beets are disgusting to me, bleh

24 comments:

  1. You have to try asparagus with eggs. You'll be hooked :)

    Least favorite vegetable: Peas! Not a fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet I would like that. I love eggs with anything.

      Delete
  2. You don't like beets!?! They are so good roasted, with some goat cheese . . . yum! My least favorite veggie is probably water chesnuts (are those veggies?). Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want that Hershey's bowl. My least favorite veggie.. hm. There are a few. Pickles may top the list though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ever tried a fried pickle? You might change your mind after that.

      Delete
  4. Lol "you got the ugly carrot, it's good luck" according to Bridesmaids :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I have a lot of good luck then bc I always get it!

      Delete
  5. I love asparagus! I liked it when I was younger, then went several years where I didn't like it at all, and now I love it again. I eat it a few days a week and love it roasted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the crazy carrots you get! I'm not a huge fan of eggplant..something about the texture throws me off. I also HATE peas...gross!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE BEETS and I CANNOT get enough of them haha. I HATE mushrooms though, omg EW! I love that you run with your mom, that is so awesome. I need that Hersey's bowl..HA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not a fan of veggies in general...I know one day my taste buds will like them. Brussel sprouts gross me out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brussel sprouts used to freak me out. They are SO much better roasted or grilled.

      Delete
  9. YUMM! so jealous of your bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to agree with jessie's comment above - eggs + asparagus are amazing!!
    Love the Hershey's mug too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love beets! I don't know what my least favorite vegetable is... probably white potatoes if those count.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not a fan of celery. Only way I can eat it is if i smother it with peanut butter!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. over at this website luxury replica bags browse around this web-site gucci replica you could check here replica wallets

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!