Tuesday, May 7, 2013

WIAW-Smoothie Craze

Happy WIAW!

I woke up thinking today was Friday and then was surprised it's Wednesday already. I honestly thought this week would be going suuuuuper slow for me since it's my last week of classes before finals. But it's moving right along! I'll take it.

Now let's get to the goods.

What I Ate All Day Tuesday:

Breakfast:

Started off with the usual oats.
And it's still just as delicious every morning.

Meal number 2:

Peanut butter & oat smoothie. I'm on the search for a new blender. I've been currently using the bullet one, but it doesn't do the job for blending veggies. After seeing everyone use spinach in their shakes, I want to try it! Hoping to find a cheap one, under $30, that works well.
Lunch:

Lunches have been ALL about the eggs lately.  I scrambled egg whites, spinach, and tomatoes for this tasty combo.
I. Can't. Get. Enough.
Dinner:

Dinner ended up being super simple, but super satisfying. I had some baked chicken I prepped on Sunday paired with broccoli and potatoes.
Since I ate my dinner super early at 4pm so I could digest before my hamstring workout with my trainer, I was a little bit hungrier at night.

Meal number 5:

So I went with my usual extra lean ground turkey for my "dessert".
 Some added rice cakes to fill me up.

**Questions- When are you most hungry? For me it's always at night!

What type of blender do you use? I could use any recommendations please! I want to get a good quality one that will last.

11 comments:

  1. always snacky at night! but I'm always acrually hungry in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always starrrrrrving from the time I wake up until about 2pm. I'm usually not hungry at night, but when I am, it's always right before bed :)

    I have the Ninja Pulse blender system and I LOVE it. It's expensive (although cheaper than the full version), but super versatile (there are attachments to use is as a stand mixer instead of a blender, single serve blending cups, etc). We've only had it for less than a year but so far it has held up better than anything else we have had in the past. Here's the link if you want to check it out: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=18676320

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the info! Def. going to be checking this out.

      Delete
  3. You can never have too many eggwhites with veggies!! Yum :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the only way I can eat spinach hah.

      Delete
  4. My mom purchased the Ninja Pulse Blender System and loves it. I'm not sure the price, but I do know it's much cheaper then the full version. I'd highly recommend it girl =)Oh, and I love that you put your smoothie in an empty pb container. Ill have to try that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Empty pb jars are so good for so many things.

      Delete
  5. I know it's pricey, but I have never once regretted investing in a Vitamix. It is literally my favorite kitchen appliance/tool. LOVE IT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm usually hungry at night because that's right after a workout typically, so I'm starving and ready to replenish some of those calories. I also love a big breakfast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!