Monday, May 20, 2013

My New Squash Favorite

Hi all.

Let's take a look into my weekly eats shall we?

My grocery cart was stocked with the usual. Tons of eggs, frozen veggies, and rice cakes that I eat daily.

 But I did manage to pick up a few things that I don't normally buy. So let me share them with you.

Back at the gluten free fair, I sampled these squash souffles. I couldn't wait to get my hands on them again, they were that good.
As soon as I came home from food shopping, I broke right into it. They're the perfect mix of being sweet, but not too sweet. For anyone that loves squash, you need to try these asap!
Another unusual purchase for me was a pound of asparagus. Honestly, it really intimated me. I had no how to cook it or what to pair it with.

After basically googling "an idiot's guide to asparagus", I found this article to be really helpful. I roasted mine in the oven for twenty minutes covered in lots of spices.
Not to brag, but it did turn out delish if I do say so myself :) I'm sure it would be even more delicious with breadcrumbs on top.

Speaking of my leaning out diet, I have to say goodbye to all condiments. So I've been on the hunt for new flavor options. I picked up this salt free Italian seasoning and am already a huge fan of it. Tastes delicious without being overpowering.
Mushrooms were another newbie to the grocery list. I browned them up in a skillet to have them ready to add into my loaded egg scrambles.
I saw these at the store, but passed on them. I've tried wasabi kale chips before and was not a fan of them at all. But I think the ranch flavor would be a good combo. Maybe next time....
Another new item I saw was brownie brittle. Combine a chocolate cookie and a brownie into one and I am sold haha. Good thing I didn't buy this because it would have been gone in a minute.
Have a great Tuesday friends. Today will be spent doing some cleaning and applying for jobs!

*Question- Do you typically buy the same items at the food store?

What's one new item you've brought recently that I should try?

12 comments:

  1. I finally tried a Chobani Flip (key lime pie) last weekend, and it was just as good as I had imagined. Totally dessert worthy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love anything key lime so I am sure I will like it :)

      Delete
  2. For the first time this morning we ran out of eggs in my house!!..so this afternoon will be spent stocking up as well! I usually stick to eating the same things. I guess I am just a creature of habit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I wouldn't know what to eat without my eggs :(

      Delete
  3. I have seen those Garden Lites products before but have been hesitant to try them. I will definitely have to give them a go now that I know they are tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spinach & brownie ones are really good too!

      Delete
  4. I buy a lot of the same food each week, but this week I bought hummus which I hadn't eaten in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My grocery cart usually looks similar to yours! And I just noticed that you changed your blog layout! I love the new design :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It feels "cleaner" to me haha. I got to switch over to WordPress one of these days :/

      Delete
  6. Hi Dear, are you genuinely visiting this website on
    a regular basis, if so then you will definitely obtain good know-how.


    Here is my blog post :: exercises to improve vertical

    ReplyDelete
  7. I buy the same things a lot. I think its more out of habit and the fact that I know how to cook those things. I recently tried food should taste good sweep potato chips. SO good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!